Friday, October 24, 2008

From Wilderness to Wildcat




Just last week (which seems like a long time ago) I was leaving a parking lot after an exhausting day of interviews. I began to think that job searching was a lot like finding a parking spot in Boston. Sometimes you drive around and around, looking for an opening, and...nothing. Or sometimes you think you have a spot, and someone happens to reach it seconds before you do and snags it. Other times you find one and it is so far from your destination you feel like you would have done better to park at home and walk. (And I won't even mention the parking tickets). I had been feeling like the job I wanted was just out of reach, worried that someone else better and faster would get the prize. I feared it would go on for an eternity, like the endless search for parking in Harvard Square on a Friday night.

Well, this week I have hit the jackpot. It seems that the perfect "spot" has opened for me, the one I wanted, the one I have been waiting for, and it has my name on it.

I am so excited to announce that I am going to be the School Counselor at Winter Park High School - Home of the Wildcats. (And yes, I just watched High School Musical for the first time the other night - how fitting)! If you check out the photos on the side of my blog, they are mostly from Winter Park...if I were to pick an area of Orlando to live and/or work, this would be it. In so many ways, this is not just a great job, but a great job for me. I am so thankful to the Lord for providing this for me, and humbled that I have been given such a great gift. I feel what Proverbs 13:19 says, "A desire fulfilled is sweet to the soul..."

Go Wildcats!

2 comments:

Biz said...

I'm so excited to celebrate this season with you! God is SO GOOD!

Katrina said...

Happy first day, right? I hope it's wonderful!